The Categorical Programs Department works with all of the schools in the district in the implementation of state and federal programs, including Title I, Title II and Title III. The department also coordinates federal programs in private, non-profit schools serving students residing in the district.
The primary focus of Categorical Programs is to provide supplemental programs and services to support the academic achievement of students, especially students performing below grade level and students learning English. Categorical funding is used to provide support staff, instructional materials and interventions, and professional development focused on helping students to meet grade-level standards and high school graduation requirements, so that all FCUSD graduates are college and career ready.
Categorical Programs oversees the following programs and services:
- English Language Learners (EL)
- Translation Services
- Testing-STAR, CAHSEE, PFT, CELDT, CASPP (California Assessment of Student Progress and Performance)
- Assessments & Interventions
- Program Monitoring- Title I, Title II, Title III, Program Improvement (PI)
- Supplemental Educational Services (SES)
- School Accountability Report Card (SARC)
- Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA)
- Homeless Services
- Grants & Grant-Supported Programs
LEA Plan 2013