High school students enrolled in Advanced Education classes earn college credit and get a jump-start on classes that may apply toward a certificate or degree at a Los Rios Community College and/or transfer to a four-year college or university.
Complete the online Los Rios application. If you are a continuing Advanced Education student, you don't complete the full application again
- log onto eServices and complete the Supplemental Enrollment form (link is in upper right hand corner of web page).- Complete Advanced Education Application including the following:
- Copy of high school transcript and current high school class schedule.
- Approval signatures of High School Official and Parent/Legal Guardian.
- A copy of your Private School Affidavit when appropriate.
- Documentation of age (16 years of age or older).
- Completed personal statement
If assessment placement is a prerequisite for the course, you must take the assessment test BEFORE you meet with a college counselor. Results must be attached to the advanced education packet.o Step 3– High School Counselor:
Meet with your school counselor to determine what class(es) would be appropriate for you.(Note: Please see back of application for courses excluded from Advanced Education.) Complete Section II with counselor and have counselor sign Section III.o Step 4 – College Counseling Session:
Advanced education students must have their Advanced Education application packet approved by a FLC counselor. Call the Counseling office at 916-608-6510 for drop-in counseling information. (See cover sheet of Advanced Education Packet for designated times for drop-in.)
In person only - submit completed Advanced Education form along with all other corresponding documents to the Admissions & Records office during priority 4 or open registration. Students are responsible for being aware of and adhering to all policies, procedures, and deadlines (including Add and Drop deadlines) as they pertain to all FLC students.o Step 6 – Fee Payment:
Pay UTP fee for Access Card. High school students are only exempt from the regular enrollment fee - not from the UTP fee or fees associated with being a California Non-Resident or an International Student.