YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering to support students and programs at Vista del Lago High School! Volunteers who work directly with students are required to complete an application process. Please read the FCUSD Volunteer Handbook for details.
Clearance is required by FCUSD for all parent and community volunteers who will be working directly with students. Examples are: After School Clubs, Coaches, Performing Arts Programs, Special Events, Field Trips, Classroom Volunteers
- Category 1 clearance is required if you will be working with students, but will be supervised at all times by a staff member. The steps are:
- Fill out Category 1 Volunteer Application after reading information in Volunteer Handbook
- Obtain a TB clearance and provide a copy your driver's license or other formal ID
- Turn in items 1 & 2 to Mrs. Calderwood in the Career Center.
- Upon Principal's approval, Category 1 Clearance is granted and volunteer will be notified of clearance approval
- Category 2 clearance is required if you will be alone with students at any time. The steps are:
- Fill out Category 2 Volunteer Application after reading information in Volunteer Handbook
- Obtain a TB clearance and provide a copy of your driver's license or other formal ID
- Turn in items 1 & 2 to Mrs. Calderwood in the Career Center
- After Principal's approval, paperwork is sent to FCUSD's Education Services Center (ESC)
- Volunteer will be contacted by ESC to come into district office and complete fingerprint process and take a picture for volunteer badge. There is a fee for fingerprinting.
- Once Dept. of Justice/FBI clearance is returned (about 2 weeks after fingerprinting), ESC will send badge to Vista del Lago and volunteer will be notified of clearance approval.
Use of Personal Car:
- If you will be driving your own car while volunteering, or driving students, the following paperwork must be completed:
Links to Resources
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Calderwood in the College/Career Center