The following guidelines apply to all school activities:
- Students are to dress appropriately for working and learning at school.
- Long pants, skirts, shirts, blouses, and dresses are encouraged.
- Clothes should be sufficient to conceal undergarments at all time.
- The appropriate length for skirts and shorts should be no more than 2 inches above the bottom of the kneecap.
- Short-shorts, tank tops, half shirts, cropped shirts, shirts with inappropriate sayings on them, clothes with sagging waist lines, see-through materials, strapless clothing, spaghetti straps, clothing with deliberately torn holes or revealing clothing are not to be worn at school.
- Clothes which are 2 to 4 sizes larger than the students would normally wear are not safe for school activities.
- Straps on sleeveless tops should be at least the width of a lasagna noodle, at least 1 ½” in width. Sleeves that are scooped low under the arms, “basketball jersey,” need another shirt underneath.)
- For safety reasons, belts may not hang down, and students may not have chains on their pants at school.
- Shoes must be attached to the feet and suitable for running.
- No flip-flops, backless sandals, heelies, or high heels.
- Sandals must be strapped around the ankle and worn with socks.
- Hats or other head coverings are not to be worn indoors.
- Student’s hair is to be clean and well groomed at all times.
- Hair style or color should not be distracting in any way.
- Students wearing make-up, glitter or paint will be asked to wash it off.
- Students arriving at school in unacceptable clothing will be asked to contact a parent to bring a change of clothing to school.
- The school principal and/or classroom teacher will help to determine appropriate school dress.
If you have any questions or need clarification, please contact the front office for further information.